Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Who would have thought I'd get so excited about poop? A new move? Oh and happy new year!

Happy New Year! Raise your hand if you were laid out on the couch New Years Day?
*raises hand*
Yep. 6 drinks. Apparently that is more than my limit. I celebrated the new year with good friends and Mr. Daddy, Bug slept right through it, and Little was in the wrap, being worn while momma threw back the girlie drinks. Played a little Wii Just Dance, and I gotta say-love it. I want that game. Oh, and the girlie drinks kicked my ass. It was 4 days later before I could even think about drinking again. And so, I started my new year by throwing up in the sink at 8 that morning, and recovering on the couch. Not exactly the way I pictured day 1.

Day 3, Mr. Daddy comes downstairs all determined looking, pen and paper in hand, "what can we sell?" We have been in limbo since he lost his job. We haven't been able to pay the house payment since September, and unlike a lot of people who just ignore the phone calls and let the bills pile up, Mr. Daddy has been in constant contact with the house company, and that may very well turn around and bite us in the butt. Apparently when you fly low on the radar, and just skip payments, foreclosure usually happen somewhere in 3 years. Since Mr. Daddy has been keeping in contact with them, we're no longer flying under radar. So, as of Monday, he decided that if we have to move, we gotta get rid of half of what we own. We own a lot of crap. The day was spent sorting, posting, and throwing away. Crazy.

Day 4, Mr. Daddy got a call about a job here. All this time, nothing. The day after we decide we're moving, he gets a call. *siiiiiiigh*

And Day 5: Poop! I seriously never thought I'd ever get excited about poop. Who does that?
Bug has been potty trained since July, but has refused to poop in the potty this whole time. Tonight, *drumroll* he pooped in the potty!!!  Woo! Our conversation went something like this:
"Mommy, I gotta poop."
"Bug, I've got something new that we're going to try. I'll get you a diaper afterwards if you want, but first, we're going to sit on the potty for 10 minutes. I'll read you some books, and we'll talk, and you'll sit on the potty while we do it."
"I don't want to poop on the potty, I don't like it."
"Then don't, I'm not asking you to poop on the potty, I just want you to sit on it for me."
"Why?" Ah, the ultimate question.
"Because mommy wants to show you that the potty isn't scary. I don't want you to be afraid of the potty anymore, so we are going to just sit on it and read and talk. You don't have to poop, I just want you to sit, can we try that?"
"OK, mommy."
And that was that. I didn't even get to crack open a book, he had to pee, so I had to show him how to sit without spraying everything in front of him, and he decided to go ahead and give it a try, I guess. And with that, we are done with diapers! Of course right now, he still has a diaper at night, but no more packing an extra diaper for him, waiting in public restrooms for him to finish hanging out in a stall by himself. No more diapers! *happy dance*
When we came downstairs, we had to call his friend, C, and of course, Meemaw. Everyone is so proud of Bug. And tomorrow, we'll just stay the course.

And we'll also buy him that Kung-zhu pet I've been trying to bribe him with for the last 6 months. LOL