Saturday, June 21, 2008

Who's got the skinny on why I can't lose weight?

I'll admit it, I'm self destructive. I was doing just fine dieting, exercising, losing weight. I lost about 10 lbs and was feeling mighty fine. Shortly thereafter, I discovered my love for Amish Friendship Bread.

A few weeks ago, Mr. Daddy brought home a large ziploc bag filled with creamy white stuff. "It's Amish Bread!" He announces, and I, never having made this Amish Bread, accept the responsibility of squishing the bag. I was excited, I'll admit.

For those of you who don't know the Amish Bread routine, it goes a little something like this:

Day 1 - Do nothing
Day 2 - Squish the bag
Day 3 - Squish the bag
Day 4 - Squish the bag
Day 5 - Add flour, milk, and sugar, then, you guessed it, squish the bag
Day 6 - Squish the bag
Day 7 - Squish the bag
Day 8 - Squish the bag
Day 9 - Squish the bag
Day 10 - Add more flour, milk, and sugar, divide the mixture into 4 new bags, and hand 3 of them out with a copy of the directions. What's left in the batter bowl is the beginning process for your Amish bread, to which you add, flour, sugar, milk, pudding mix, and other bread making items. Then you cook it for an hour, and ta-da! You have Amish Bread.

This will make either 5 mini loaves, or 2 of the 4x9 loaves. I chose the 5 minis so that half a loaf a day would get eaten, and I'd have bread everyday until the next batch. Well, here's where that idea gets hinky, and I've done this every time. After the breads cool, I wrap them in aluminum foil to preserve the freshness. Of course, I have to try my creation. I leave one loaf out and cut a slice off. Then, I cut another, and another, and another. By the end of the day, the loaf is gone.



No self-control, I tell you. None, whatsoever.



I walk almost everyday, and I have this little exercise routine I do in the evenings, but it doesn't matter much if I can't control my eating! I'm not gaining weight, but dammit, I'm not losing any weight either!

Told you I was self destructive.

Ah, so there really was a point to this story.

Starting today, June 24th, I am watching my diet. No more grub fests. No more eating because I am bored. No more snacking instead of lunch or breakfast. Today is the day I get healthy.

Cross your fingers and wish me luck!

This is gonna suck.

No comments: