Sunday, June 29, 2008

What's for dinner?

Do you ever not know what to cook? Get the question, What's for dinner? and just freeze, no response readily handy? I have that problem all the time.

See, I am bored with food. I don't have a favorite anymore. I don't even enjoy dinner anymore because I never know what I'm going to cook. Plus, now that I am actually trying to lose weight, all my old favorites are, well, bad for me. Not saying that I'd deny myself, it's just that I have to watch how much I eat. See?

For weeks now, Mr. Daddy has texted me -- I'm a text freak, Id much rather text than talk -- the all consuming, all important question... What sounds good for dinner? And I will stop, phone in hand, and repeat that exact question, "What is for dinner?" Then, frantically, my mind races to try to answer him.

Suddenly, I am on the hunt, tracking down ingredients, scrambling to find recipes that match those ingredient, and trying my damnedest to answer that daunting question, "Honey, what's for dinner?"

Doesn't it just make you want to scream?

So one afternoon, I'm sitting at the computer, thinking about what to do for dinner, and I'm searching every recipe site I can find, to no avail, when it hits me. Why didn't I think of this before? I Googled this phrase, weekly menu plan, and there at the top of the screen is my glorious answer. Shining out in blue bold letters is my salvation.

Menus4moms.com now sends me a weekly email directly to the menus4moms folder with a 5 day plan of just what we're going to have for dinner, plus recipes and a grocery list. Since that day, our grocery bill is down 25%.

The best part? I never have to face the challenge of "What's for dinner?"

No comments: